Sunday, October 17, 2010

World's Worst Blogger

Is me. I've just been so busy. Blah blah blah, same excuses.

Anywho, I'm 30 weeks today! I never thought I would make it this far. Our little nugget is not so little anymore. My stomach is very rotund and it moves independent from my body a la Alien. It makes me grin no less than 100 times per day.

The Bear and I have been taking many baby related classes. It's been interesting. The last one was devoted solely to breast feeding, which I have to admit, I will be crushed if I cannot do this well. I actually have dreams about successfully breastfeeding my child. The benefits! The bonding! The SAVINGS!

Other than that, the nesting urge has totally kicked in. Many things have been purchased online, so hopefully we will really start to set up shop soon.

Sleep seems to no longer be on the agenda anymore. I've been up since about 4 AM. At 5, I started nudging The Bear and trying to converse with him. This was not welcome. So now I'm sitting in the basement ready to start on some Thank You notes from sweet gifts that we've started to receive. I will start to post some pics of the nursery when it actually starts looking less like a landfill.

2 comments:

  1. We're tooootally in the same spot, not just gestationally, but mentally. (I'll be 30 weeks on Tuesday.) I have been waking up before dawn as well, and it's just hopeless to try to fall back to sleep. I'm not sure what it is, but no matter how tired I am I can't sleep in. I've not investigated real classes yet, and you just reminded me that I need to get on that ASAP! :)

    Congrats on 30 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not entirely sure if my sleeplessness is 100% pregnancy related...it might be due to my night shift hours. Most likely it's a combo of both. I have no problem not sleeping, it's just I would prefer my energy to occur during "normal" hours. Somehow I just cannot justify scrubbing out the shower at 4AM.

    Good luck with the classes and congrats on 30 weeks for you, too!

    ReplyDelete