Saturday, July 7, 2012

Inadequacy served with a side of guilt

Or the darker side of motherhood. Honestly, being a mom is such a joy. I don't think that I could have ever prepared myself for the amount of love and joy I feel when I look at The Barracuda. But there is certainly no way in hell I could have ever been prepared for the amount of guilt I feel. For instance, I feel guilty that I work part time. The thing is, I would feel guilty if I was a stay at home mom and I would feel even more guilty if I worked full time. My point it, there is nothing, NOTHING, I could possibly do to alleviate the guilt that I feel regarding how I parent The Barracuda, working 20 hours a week, etc. The list is endless.

My new goal is to just try to love being a mommy. I'm really doing the best possible job that I can. My kiddo is strong, healthy, hilarious, and wickedly smart. I have the same hopes for this next one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my friend - I feel you! What is this guilt all about? I just earlier today had decided whenever I feel that way I'm going to remind myself that my child is happy, healthy and growing every day - there is no need for the guilt. Looks like we're on the same page :)

    ReplyDelete