Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting Started

I ended up getting my period on Saturday so Monday morning I ran around trying to get all of my diagnostics scheduled. Holy crap! What a pain in the ass to schedule all of this stuff. The majority of my tests get scheduled through the fertility clinic but the HSG has to be scheduled with the hospital and the fertility nurse does this for me.

ME: Wow, this seems like a scheduling nightmare for you guys!

FERTILITY NURSE: Oh yeah, we're pretty much at the mercy of everybody's ovaries.

This morning I went in for my ultrasound and bloodwork (CD4). I was at the clinic for no longer than 15 minutes. It was virtually painless...unless you count that I had to be stuck TWICE for my labs. Come on, my veins ROCK. Oh well. What was also nice was that Dr. C herself was there to actually do my ultrasound. And she confirmed that we were all set up for my HSG next week AND she suggested that The Bear and I go ahead and make our follow up appointment right away so we wouldn't get caught up in any sort of scheduling snafu.

The ultrasound didn't show too much of anything I didn't already know: A bunch of little follicles. I figure she'll really discuss everything with us when we have all of the results.

On another note, I've been experiencing some crazy ass cramps. I haven't had cramps this bad in, like, eight years. For reals. I actually had to load up with Ibuprofen yesterday. I felt like a junkie.

Stay tuned for my account of my HSG in interventional radiology next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment