Monday, January 4, 2010

Here We Go Again...

Provera time! After much consideration, I determined that I was going to take Provera now and then hopefully be ready for all of my tests the week after we get back from Punta Cana. Part of me REALLY debated long and hard about not doing anything and just enjoying the trip. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that if I wasn't doing something (towards the baby making effort) during this trip that I would be going insane.

So I called Dr. C's office today and a very nice nurse called me back and had a couple of questions for me:

NURSE: What cycle day are you at?

ME: Ummm, 41.

NURSE: Oh my, yes I'd say that you're ready. Did you have a negative home pregnancy test?

ME: Only about a billion.

NURSE: Ok, we'll call in that script for you!

So...here we go! Ten days of Provera...CD3 labwork and u/s, a little HSG action and a Semen Analysis and we'll have a new gameplan! I'm figuring we'll start some sort of treatment in February. In the meantime, I will enjoy the warm sun of Punta Cana, some fruity drinks with umbrellas, room service and all you can eat buffets.

I am trying to remain positive (a 2010 resolution!). I have been repeating to myself that The Bear and I will be parents one day, it just may be a difficult path...or a path I hadn't even imagined taking. When I really examine my life, I remember that I have so much to be thankful for. Hopefully 2010 will be the year that The Bear and I will be parents!

1 comment:

  1. I know you guys will be! And GREAT ones! I hope the trip is awesome sweet Allison - have a great time and try to just rest and relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete