Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think I'm...

ready for my new body. Don't get me wrong, I am loving being pregnant. I feel so energetic. I imagine this is what cocaine feels like. Sometimes I have so much energy I could clean my entire house at 2AM. But I am not so pleased with some of the other changes. Like the cellulite covering my ass. Or just my ass in general. Or the bulging varicose vein in my left thigh that I happened to notice when I was wearing shorts whilst enjoying a nice summer evening. I guess I am ready for my full body Jobst stocking.

The Bear and I had our ultrasound last week. It was truly amazing. I cried the entire time. Baby Bear is a thumb sucker! He/she had hiccups, too. Oh, and in case you were wondering; Baby Bear also has The Bear's profile. Or at least I think so!

I'm starting to feel kicks and somersaults. A couple of nights ago, Baby Bear was so active The Bear could actually feel the movements for the first time. It was such a special moment. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Baby Bear's gender is a surprise. It was very difficult to look away from the screen in order to see if a teeny, tiny penis was present or not. I go back and forth in my head about if we are Team Blue or Team Pink. I honestly have no idea. Ninety percent of people I know think I am having a boy based on how I am carrying. I guess we'll have to wait until around December 26th to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment