Monday, February 15, 2010

Chewing The Fat

I have been all over the internets trying to figure out what may be the cause of my oligomenorrhea and how the heck I can restore my period. I have decided to try and put on some weight. Last week I successfully gained about 2 lbs. I have been eating about the same amount each meal but I have increased the frequency of eating.

Last week I tried to figure out my body fat percentage by using all of these online calculators. With the various measurements, I could have anywhere from 19-33% depending which calculator was used. I'd be very interested in finding out if my gym offers some sort of water displacement body fat analysis, which is apparently the most accurate way of measuring body fat percentage.

Speaking of the gym, I have not worked out in two weeks. LAZY!!!! I have been having difficulty dragging my sorry ass out of bed. I think I slept 16 hours one day last week. It was glorious, especially since I bought new sheets (on sale) at Boston Store. I compared this amount of sleep with some of my colleagues and it appears to not be totally abnormal. Or at least that's what I keep telling The Bear.

2 comments:

  1. amazingly, there is someone in the house who sleeps more than you. I love you sleepy sleeperson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to google "Vitex." A few of my friends have tried that and it seems to work pretty well for regulating cycles. Not sure if you've heard of it - but I have also heard good things about tryingtoconceive.com - though her magical potions run pretty $$$.
    I enjoy reading the blog - and look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete