Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thoughts...

I am very happy to know that The Bear is a-ok but it is a little difficult to know that I'm the defective one in the relationship. I'm thrilled to know that I don't have PCOS, but the truth is, I have problems with ovulation--so something is still wrong with me. Dr. C knows that I don't ovulate, but doesn't know why. I'm scared that because we don't know why I don't ovulate, we won't be able to fix the problem.

I thought a lot about why I might be having ovulation problems. Stress could be one reason. I have a very high stress job and I work strange and long hours. I enjoy it immensely, though. I work with some of the most amazing individuals and I get to do and see so many interesting things. I really do feel like I make a difference at my job, like I might make the world a better place and that I save lives. It's a little conceited to think so, but I do.

My second thought was my weight might interfere with ovulation. I'm somewhere around 5'7" give or take 1/2 an inch. I'm small boned and I'm probably around 125-127 lbs. I would say that I'm very lean. When I was perusing a fertility book the other day, it mentioned that for woman my size, optimal fertility weight should be about 133-145 lbs depending on bone structure. Well, I'm not even at the bottom of this range. So...I have decided to try and put on about 8-10 lbs and see if that makes a difference. I'm going to try and eat 4 small meals a day with lots of snacks in between. I'm going to drink 1% or 2% milk and increase the carbs, fruits, and veggies. I brought this idea up to Dr. C and she said that it certainly won't hurt anything but that she can't promise that it will help.

Finally, this week I am going to look into acupuncture. I think if anything, it will help me relax. I just feel like I need to be doing SOMETHING while I just wait for my period to show or until I hit the magic number of 35 days.

2 comments:

  1. please don't call yourself defective. that's my friend you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sucks, but WE received good news. Don't be sooo hard on yourself. You can't blame yourself for something you have no control over. I Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete