Thursday, February 4, 2010

WoooooHoooo!

Today was our follow up appointment with Dr. C. I was so nervous that my lab work was going to be worse than what I already knew. I was scared that The Bear's SA was going to be abysmal. I kept imagining the worse.

The good news is that my lab levels all look good. My FSH is good. My testosterone, androgen, and adrenal labs were all normal. My ultrasound was fine and my HSG was all clear. So right now Dr. C is not really saying that I have PCOS so much as that I just have oligomenorrhea--I have few periods a year.

The best news though was The Bear's SA! Count was awesome, motility was 62% (average is 50%), morphology was 6% (average is 5%) so he is well above average. Fabulous, even.

The plan right now is to take Clomid my next cycle, do a little monitoring and then have timed intercourse. Dr. C gave us the option of timed intercourse or IUI and The Bear right away said "Timed intercourse!" Typical male.

So now I have to wait for my period to show. My guess is that it will not come so I'll have to take Provera to induce it. Then I can jump right in--most likely in March. So I will wait. Again. But it's ok, I feel a little relieved now knowing our results. I can be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment