Thursday, March 25, 2010

Update



Acupuncture has been going well. She did put a needle in between my eyes the other day, though. Freaky but cool. I like her a lot, I would highly recommend her to other peeps.

I ended up starting my cycle all over again, like immediately after stopping my progesterone. It ended up being about a 30 day cycle. Not too shabby. I had my CD3 u/s--which showed no cysts--and I am currently in the throes of 100 mg of Clomid daily. Dr. C was super cool at my baseline u/s; She said that there's no reason to not give this regimen another chance. She said (and this is consistent with what I've read on the internets) that treatments are typically done in threes. If a treatment is going to work, it has the best shot of working during the first three tries. After that, your chances drop off significantly. She did say that if I had too many side effects with Clomid this time that we could potentially try a different oral medication that works in a similar way, Femera. I'll have to Google/Wiki it more later.

My big concerns with this current cycle/treatment have been uterine thickness and if my follicles are big enough/mature enough at the time of trigger. My follicle check will actually be later on in my cycle compared to the last time with hopes that we'll have a little better look at what's going on.

Statistically, if I was COMPLETELY normal, I'd still only have a 20% shot of getting prego each cycle. OK, I ACED stats in grad school (I'm talking like 2nd or 3rd highest grade in the class) and I do not get how if there is only a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month why are so many people getting pregnant after only one or two months of trying?!

I can tell that the Clomid is kicking in. I might have had five hot flashes while writing this post. Not crazy, dripping wet, core of the sun hot flashes..just a little hot-cold-hot action. I also cried twice in the shower yesterday when I started freaking out that this is never going to work out for The Bear and I. Even the thoughts of adoption in the future aren't very comforting to me right now. This is a very real fear of mine, though...to go through life childless. ChildLESS.

I'm off work for a couple of days now. I'm so happy because I should be done with all of this crazy emotional nonsense by the next time I go in. Although, if I get a phone call canceling me on Saturday, it would ROCK. Then I could spend more time with The Bear ;)

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard anything about Vitex? My ovulation is crazy weird and a bunch of my friends have had good luck with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know too much about it. My RE said she didn't really want me taking any supplements or herbs. She said the acupuncture was fine but nothing that the FDA couldn't control :)

    ReplyDelete