Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome! Bienvenue! Hola!

Hello! Welcome to my bloooooog. I can't believe I have one of these now. I'll never forget when a couple of years ago, my sweet husband called me from work and said, "Honey, what's a blog?" I almost died because I was laughing so hard. He's so precious.

Anyways, I'm in my late 20s and was recently diagnosed with PCOS while trying to conceive. My fantabulous hubby is 30 and we've been married for about 2 1/2 years. We have an amazing dog and come from really wonderful families and have such great friends that we've surrounded ourselves with. We wanted to wait to start a family until after we were settled with our jobs, our house and a major home renovation. After I threw out my birth control, I was all set to jump on the baby making train. Then surprise--I was diagnosed with PCOS! I'll write more about that later...

I realize that there is no shortage of infertility blogs or blogs with PCOS or blogs chronicling every minuscule detail of trying to conceive woes...but I felt compelled to write about what I've been experiencing in order to just put my feelings out there, for lack of better words. This PCOS diagnosis is pretty brand-spankin' new to me. Who knows? Maybe I can connect with women in the same boat. Maybe I can come to terms with a lot of the emotions I am experiencing if I find out that I'm truly not alone. Also, if I can inspire one tiny glimmer of hope in another individual, then this blog will have exceeded all of my expectations.

Maybe one day what I've written here will serve as a way for me to update family & friends with what's going on. For right now, though, I have only told select individuals in my family and group of friends. I have talked with many, MANY co-workers and they have been nothing but supportive and kind. I don't know why, but for some reason it's very easy for me to open up to that particular group of women.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a short waiting period until I jump on the train to baby-ville. Until then, I'll keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment